Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Photoshop, redux

As many of you know from a previous post I recenly became the proud new parent of Photoshop. Since then I have had fun playing and learning new things, rabidly reading my Photoshop CS3 bible, online tutorials of fun effects and etsy Storque articles. i THINK I can do a pretty basic banner that doesnt suck, actually. For being a beginner, I feel pretty confident that these are halfway decent.

However, in comparison to other banner makers on etsy I feel VERY out of my league to be quite honest. They are Rembrandt, I am some guy painting in his attic.
But practice makes perfect. I have been able to learn new skills with every chapter in my books, with every new tutorial. check these out:

This is the Aquarel Effect. It looks like a painting on canvas that has the foggy edges. I thought it was pretty cool.
I found that in an online tutorial. It was fairly simple to do, although to be quite honest I dont know what I would do with it in the real world

Kind of impractical I guess. But hey, a cool new skill.



This is the title to my blog. I did that using a pink gerbera daisy clip art and a watercolor effect using verious layers and filters.




This is an Old Timey type photo, complete with self made striping and noise and filters etc.
I think I could have a lot of fun with that, maybe re-doing some of my pictures from Paris in it. Make it look old retro vintag-y. (is that a word?)






So I have really enjoyed my photoshop the past few weeks. I never realized just how much you could do with it.
you can download a free trial HERE. It is for 30 days. If you like it, you can purchase it for a tiny fraction of the price at Amazon.com. (NEVER pay full price kids. NEVER)
There are all sorts of online tutorials , just google free photoshop tutorials.
I have found the Photoshop CS3 Bible to be helpful as well as Photoshop for photographers.(Thank you for all the recommends friends!!)
This morning I am going to "Pop Art" a picture of my son, kind of like this:

(Obviously thats not MY picture. My attempts, I am quite positive, will look like Sesame Street on Crack.)
Viva la Photoshop!
Post a Comment